Leverage Roofing's Insurance Claim Process
Leverage Roofing’s Inspection to Determine Scope of Damage
- One of Leverage Roofing's Representatives performs inspection on homeowners’ roof to determine if damage is present or not.
Leverage Roofing’s Inspection to Determine Scope of Damage
- If there is enough roof damage present for homeowner to have an insurance claim accepted, Leverage will call in the claim with the homeowner and give insurance company needed information, generates a claim number.
- If roof damage is caused by a storm, homeowner will have to provide insurance with a storm date, which is the date on which roof damage is believed to have occurred.
Storm date must be 6-12 months within claim being filed
Insurance Field Adjuster Inspection to Determine Scope of Damage
- Within a week of filing insurance claim, insurance will contact homeowner and one of the insurance company’s field adjusters will come do their own roof inspection
- One of Leverage Roofing’s representatives will coordinate with your insurance’s field adjuster to be there at time of their inspection.
We do this for two reasons:
- To help field adjuster perform inspection and
- To help homeowner have best chances of getting roof replaced by insurance
Insurance Company’s Field Adjuster makes Decision
- About 3-5 days after your insurance company’s field adjuster views your property, they’ll come to a decision about whether or not your roof can be replaced. There are 3 potential outcomes in this scenario:
Insurance company denies coverage for any portion of a roof damage claim.
a settlement or payment made by an insurance company to cover only a portion of the cost of repairing or replacing a damaged roof.
Full Purchase / Replacement:
Full Purchase in roofing insurance claim refers to the replacement of the damaged roof with a new one, without deducting any depreciation or considering the age or condition of the old roof.
Homeowner receives Copy of Adjusters Estimate
- Once roof is approved by field adjuster, the homeowner will receive copy of adjusters estimate, which provides the scope of work and a rough estimate of what insurance will pay for roof (overall, adjusters estimate determines whether roof was bought, if they did get roof paid for)
Homeowner Receives First Payout for Roof Damage
- Within roughly 2 weeks of homeowner receiving their Adjusters Estimate, homeowner will receive their first payout from insurance company
- Leverage typically collects first payment before installing roof ➝ orders materials, installs roof, performs final inspection of roof
Leverage Roofing’s Quality Assurance
- Once roof is fully installed, Leverage Roofing takes completion photos, sends these photos to insurance company (and also provides them a certification of completion to insurance)
- Insurance company does their due diligence to look at final invoice
** There is no additional cost to homeowner if wanting insurance to pay for upgrading roofing materials **
Common Types of Storm Roof Damage
South Carolina is no stranger to severe weather conditions such as thunderstorms, hurricanes, and tropical storms, all of which can cause significant damage to residential and commercial roofs. As a homeowner or business owner, it's important to understand the different types of storm roof damage that can occur and how to identify them.
Signs of Roof Damage from Wind:
- Missing or damaged shingles
- Blown-off tiles or slates
- Bent or broken gutters
- Damaged flashing
- Leaks or Water Damage
Signs of Roof Damage from Hail:
- Dented or Cracked Shingles
- Loose or Missing Granules
- Cracked or Shattered Skylights
- Damaged Flashing
- Dented Gutters and Downspouts
- Link to the roof damage blog leverage has up
Leverage Roofing Offers a Stress Free Roofing Insurance Claim Experience
Help Every Step of the Way
Leverage Roofing is dedicated to making the roofing insurance claim process as easy as possible for our clients. We understand that dealing with insurance claims can be a daunting and confusing task, which is why we help you every step of the way.
Partner with the Roofing Pros
Working with Leverage Roofing, you can rest assured that you won't have to handle the claim alone, and you can trust that your claim is being handled by highly skilled roofing professionals who are dedicated to getting you the coverage you need.
We provide a hassle-free experience for our clients and work hard to ensure that they receive the best possible outcome for their roofing insurance claims.
Tips for Filing a Roof Insurance Claim
Review your Insurance Policy
Reviewing your insurance policy when preparing to file a roof damage insurance claim is crucial because it helps you understand the coverage limits, deductibles, and exclusions that apply to your policy.
By carefully reviewing your policy, you can ensure that you meet all the requirements for filing a claim, such as notifying the insurance company within a specified timeframe and providing the necessary documentation.
Reviewing your policy can also help you identify any potential gaps in coverage that may leave you underinsured or ineligible for reimbursement
Taking the time to review your insurance policy before filing a roof damage claim can help you avoid costly mistakes and ensure that you receive the maximum compensation that you are entitled to.
Assessing the damage when preparing to file a roof damage insurance claim is another important step to take because it helps determine the extent of the damage and the necessary repairs or replacements needed.
This assessment can be done by one of Leverage Roofing’s professional roofing contractors, which will help with providing your insurance with the necessary documentation and evidence to support your roofing insurance claim. Through assessing the damage, we will also help you identify if there are any safety hazards or potential issues that may require immediate attention, like leaks or structural damage.
Being prompt when preparing to file a roof damage insurance claim is vital because many insurance policies have strict deadlines for reporting damage and submitting claims. Failing to meet these deadlines can result in your claim being denied, leaving you responsible for the full cost of repairs or replacement.
Keeping records throughout your roofing insurance claim is a good idea, whether its via photographs, repair estimates, invoices. Having this documentation can ensure that you receive the appropriate compensation for your roof damage. Additionally, your documentation can help if you ever decide to sell your property, as you will have a documented history of any roof repairs or replacements made to your property’s roof.
Insurance Roofing Claims – FAQ’s
If I suspect roofing damage, who should I contact first?
If you are a homeowner who suspects that you have roofing damage, you should reach out to a reputable roofing contractor, like Leverage Roofing, first. We offer free roofing inspections, where we will come assess any damage, and help you every step of the way in the roofing insurance claims process.
Who Calls in the Roofing Insurance Claim?
A Leverage Roofing representative will do this with the homeowner in step 1 of our Roofing Insurance Claim process.
Will Leverage Roofing be on the premises while the insurance adjuster is inspecting the roof?
Yes! One of Leverage Roofing’s representatives will coordinate with your insurance’s field adjuster to be there at time of the inspection. We will actually help the insurance field adjuster perform the inspection, so that we can help homeowners have the best chances of getting the roof replaced by insurance.
Will Leverage Roofing cover my roofing insurance deductible?
No, as actually doing so would be committing insurance fraud. Leverage Roofing prides ourselves in our strong ethics, which means always being honest and upfront with our customers.